Returning safely to outdoor activities.
We have missed playing with all of you over the past few months. As we make the choice to reopen for outdoor activities, the safety and well-being of our players and our staff is our top priority and has guided our decisions for playing again safely.
We are evaluating the opening of every city differently and are working closely with local officials and maintaining adherence to local guidelines and restrictions to make sure that we keep our players and staff safe when returning to play. More information will be shared as we reopen in each city.
The world has changed, and so have our best practices to keep our players safe. To reduce the spread of COVID-19, we will now be implementing new protocols before, during and after leagues, which are outlined below.
We look forward to seeing each of you again soon, and if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Until then, please take care of yourselves and your community.
- Face Masks: Staff will be provided with face masks and gloves, which will be required to be worn during activities at all times. Players will be required to wear face coverings during activities, and if they do not bring their own, one will be provided to them.
- Notifications: Players and staff will be asked to alert Volo customer service if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last activity participation. We will email notification to all potentially exposed persons if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at a Volo activity.
- As with all games, penalties are called at the referee’s discretion.
- Penalties are incurred upon contact.
- If both players are not wearing a mask, both players / teams incur the penalty.
- If the mask must be removed, do so at least 6 ft away from all other players / refs.
- Check your specific sport’s rules for updated mask enforcement penalties
- Health Declaration: Players and staff will be required to complete a mandatory Health Declaration in the Volo app before each activity they plan to attend to confirm they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, nor have they come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
- Temperature checks: Players and staff will have body temperatures taken prior to joining any activity via touchless thermometers. Per CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature greater than 100.4 degrees, or local guidelines, will not be permitted to participate in the activity.
- Hand Sanitizing Stations: Players will be asked to use hand sanitizer when they join and participate in an activity. The hand sanitizer solution kills up to 99.9% of germs and includes 67% ethyl alcohol, above and beyond the CDC’s guidelines of 60%.
- Equipment Sanitization: For individual use, staff will clean and sanitize equipment before and after every activity. For shared use, staff will clean and sanitize shared equipment before, after, and every 20 minutes during gameplay to reduce contact contamination.
- Social Distancing: During any activity, there will be clear markers to keep players 6 feet from each other.
- Limited Activity Capacity: All activities must be booked in advance via the Volo App or website. Each activity will have limited spaces available based on local guidelines to assure safety of all players.
- Modified Rules: Depending on sport, gameplay rules may be modified to assure limited contact and maintain social distancing.