Number of Players
A team consists of 4-8 players. A minimum of 2 players (from the team’s league roster) is needed to start and/or continue a game. There are no co-ed minimums for this league.
If a team is short the required number of players in a regular season game, the team may invite players from other teams in their division to sub in for their game. Teams can only invite enough subs to put them at regular strength. Substitutions from outside the division are allowed; we want as many people to have fun with Play Mile High and experience the leagues. If a player subs more than two times over the course of the season then that player will need to register with Play Mile High. Substitutions during the playoffs are not permitted.
Game Length and Structure
Each match will be 30 minutes. Each match is a best of 3 games. 1 team scores each round. The first two games will go to 11 (if the board has a 4 point range, the first two rounds will be played until 15) . If a team has not already won, the 3rd game will be played to 8 points.
- Teams will play rock-paper-scissors to determine who goes first.
- Teams will then begin play by sliding its pucks towards the other end of the board, alternating who slides their puck.
- After all four pucks have been thrown teams will score the round. Points will be scored by the zone they are in, 3, 2 or 1 point.
- Pucks that are hanging of the side of the board will be counted as the zone they are resting in.
- A puck must be fully in the zone for it to be counted in that zone. Pucks that are half in-half out will be counted in the lesser of the point zones.
- Pucks that do not make it past the half way line (aka shot line) will be cleared off the board.
- The team that scores more points for the round will then go first the next round.
- You do not have to win by 2.
Teams should report to the games at least 10 minutes before their scheduled starting time of the match. A game will be ruled a forfeit if any of the following occur:
- If no one from one of the teams is present at game time.
- The minimum number of players are not present (2).
- Improper conduct by one or more players on any team.