Learn to sail in Denver! Denver Sailing leagues are the perfect place to hit the water and become a boating master. Our leagues are the perfect place for boaters of all levels who are looking to try something new, meet some new people and have some friendly competition.
Join the Denver sailing league and board your sailboat each week with your friends to race around the harbor while learning to sail from certified sailing instructors. You need NO previous sailing experience to participate.
How to Sign Up
- A full Sailing team is 5. If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Denver!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- The Denver Sailing League is perfect for first time sailors. The 5 week program will start with a learn to sail and slowly easy you into racing. Taking time for each person to try new positions onboard and focusing on fun and learning!
- No prior experience required: We provide the boat, the coach, and the race management team so that you and your friends can learn to sail and compete against each other in a fun, social, and safe atmosphere.
- How it works: You and four of your fellow sailors will be competing in 2-4 races once a week in the Cherry Creek Reservoir. You can expect to be on the water for approximately 2 hours per week.
- Training: Each racing team will be accompanied by a certified coach who will guide your team through the finer points of sailing.
- The course: Depending on the number of vessels and wind conditions, race management may decide to run races over different shaped courses around a number of large, inflatable coloured marks.
- During the racing: Teams use all their tactical prowess to out-maneuver each other, particularly during mark rounding.
- The Finish: First past the post wins – it’s as simple as that! The winner of each race will be awarded 5 points, second 4, and so on. The last race of each week counts for double points, putting the pressure on for a great finale!
- Standings: Each week we will have multiple races and the league manager will keep standings throughout the entire season which will be published weekly on the website.
Players registered with Denver Sailing League and Play Mile High enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Play Mile High & Volo City Events
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in Denver and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!