CAPTAIN’S BASIC RULES – Kickball Cup in Hand
Play Mile High Golden Rule: Don’t be a Jerk!!!
Games are played 12v12
- 12 players max on the field, 1 catcher
- 7 males max on the kickball field.
- Teams must have at least six (6) players to play each week and at least three (3) females.
- Games will be 6 innings or 45 minutes, whichever comes first. The umpire will announce the last inning prior to its start.
- Games will be considered a forfeit if the team does not have enough players to play after 10 minutes from the scheduled start time.
- Teams are eligible to bring subs during the regular season and use players from other teams to help field a team. Only players on the official Play Mile High roster will be allowed to play in the playoffs.
- All teams make the playoffs for both Kickball and Flip Cup, unless they forfeit 2x in the season.
- Kickball wins are worth 1 point, Flip Cup wins are worth 2 points
*There will be two playoff tournaments at the end of the season. Playoff brackets will be seeded based on your team’s kickball standings and one determined by your flip cup standings. We will also award an overall season champion based off total points, and if tied a series of tiebreakers*
- NO bunting – bunts are a foul ball
- Bunt: ball that does not cross the imaginary line between 1st and 3rd bases OR at the ref’s discretion
- NO leading off bases
- NO stealing
- NO Tagging Up or advancing on caught fly balls – and runners are responsible for staying on their base/getting back to the start base if they leave.
- Head first sliding is ALLOWED. Feet first sliding is NOT ALLOWED
- At referee’s discretion – any slide that results in excessive contact with the defensive player will result in the runner being OUT
- You CAN throw the ball at base runners but NO head shots
- Head shots will result in a dead ball and all players will be safe
- Players hit in the head get an extra base
- If a player moves their head into the path of the ball, they will be considered out.
- ALL pitches MUST be thrown underhand and slow pitch (no spin or bounce)
- If excessive, the referee may ask you to switch your pitcher
- 2 fouls is considered an out – NO STRIKES OR BALLS
- 6 innings in a game
- UNLESS we reach 40 minute warning – both teams will be warned and the start of the next inning will be the final inning
- Mercy Rule – to decrease the chance of having blowouts early in the games (boring for everyone) teams can:
- Only score 5 runs per inning
- The last inning is unlimited runs.
- Games CAN end in a tie during the regular season
- Kicking Orders
- Genders may bat in any order they like
- Every player must bat, and must bat once before anyone may kick for the second time.
- Teams must use the same kicking order each time through the line after the first order has been established.
- The losing team will ALWAYS bat first at the beginning of the LAST INNING (unlimited runs) – this limits blowouts by the winning team
Cup in Hand:
- All active players (all defensive fielders and offensive kickers/runners) MUST have liquid (ANY liquid allowed including water) in their cups ABOVE the designated line (2nd groove in a standard Solo cup)
- If a fielder makes a catch/gets the offensive player out in any way BUT loses too much liquid from their cup (under the designated line) – that offensive player is SAFE
- If a fielder makes a play for an out/outs is found (by the ref) to have less than the designated amount of liquid, the player who got out goes back to the closest base they were on prior to getting out
- A fielder CANNOT place their cup in their mouth/armpit/etc. or set/drop their cup to make a play (if this happens, the play is dead and the offensive player is safe/given the next base)
- If a fielder makes a play WITHOUT A CUP IN THEIR HAND the runners advances to the next base or the base they were running towards
- If a runner’s liquid level falls below the line, that runner is OUT
- Teams MUST have a designated refill person ready to refill teammates cups – keeps pace of the game
- Amazing play: the ref can deem an AMAZING play that supersedes the designated liquid line rule and the out remains (this is very rare)
- If a Play Mile High staff member or referee deems a player TOO UNRULY, they can tell the player to continue with WATER ONLY.
- Failure to comply will result in this player being ejected from the league.
*Teams without the minimum players will forfeit after 10 minutes from their designated start time
*Playoffs ONLY – At the beginning of each game, both teams MUST submit a written list of their batting order to the ref*
**All teams make the playoffs at the end of the season (unless you forfeit 2x)**
If rules are not specifically laid out here we will default to standard Play Mile High kickball rules.